News Meet dd:OUTPOST Powered by Bing - Your New Event Space
Today we're thrilled to announce the opening of dd:OUTPOST, a unique community lounge and event space built by Digital DUMBO in partnership with Bing. Designed by Volvox Labs, the studio behind Twitter's Geometric Remix installation at #FEED during SXSW, dd:OUTPOST is completely immersive, dynamic, and designed to better showcase the work of digital companies than similar environments. It's a space that companies from our community can take advantage of for themselves and a space in which we plan to continue producing and curating high value events.
The space itself features:
- Groundbreaking audiovisual system seamlessly merges with the architectural design creating a symbiosis between the permanent and ephemeral
- 200" projection screen allows for engaging presentations and visuals with a direct connection between the Windows 8 interface, Xbox and Airstream
- Custom made touchscreen interface allows clients to control lighting, content of the AV system and view Instagram and Twitter feeds in real-time
- Integrated technologies allow for content to be presented simultaneously across all screens with ease
- 70 high powered LED strips react to human presence by triggering patterns and surround sound effects using the Kinect for Windows technology
- Projection mapped wall creates a unique surface for showcasing design work, motion graphics, and the "back channel"
dd:OUTPOST will be used for a variety of events including:
- Our dd:COLLECTIVE series - curated panels, presentations, and workshops give real-time insight into the services, platforms, and problems your business faces.
- Quarterly dd:COLLECTIVE events in collaboration with Bing on various topics related to innovation in user interfaces and search
- Monthly office hours and advisory sessions with senior executives from both Microsoft, other companies and venture capital firms to offer key insights to help businesses grow
- Events curated by Digital DUMBO and hosted by outside partners
- Monthly social gatherings
- Special launch events, sneak peeks, co-working days, and a lot more
Established in 2009, Digital DUMBO's goal is to connect communities at the intersection of digital and culture. This mission statement was born in DUMBO, but now has no borders. We've since built strong relationships with other talented ecosystems within cities around the world and look to bring these ecosystems closer together for the benefit of those that attend our events.
Like Digital DUMBO, Bing wants to help creative technology communities connect and flourish. Bing will be highly engaged in dd:OUTPOST as both an active participant and resource for companies within our community. Bing and Microsoft have a longstanding history of engaging innovative technology communities in order to stay dialed in to what's happening now and to identify what's next. Through dd:OUTPOST, Digital DUMBO will work in partnership with Bing and Microsoft to bring insights to startups, entrepreneurs, and established businesses, while continuing to support the ecosystem and the community - both here in Brooklyn and beyond.
Learn more about dd:OUTPOST at ddoutpost.com.
To learn more about partnership, sponsorship, and using the space for yourself, contact the Digital DUMBO team - firstname.lastname@example.org
About Digital DUMBO
Digital DUMBO produces live events, conferences, content, and custom experiences that connect companies & brands with our community of digital tastemakers, talent, and executives.
Digital DUMBO started in 2009 as a social gathering for innovative companies in the DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass) neighborhood of Brooklyn, a six-block area with over 100 media and technology companies. We've since expanded to Boston, London, Dallas, and Valencia, Spain.
With over 13,000 members, Digital DUMBO is one of the fastest growing digital communities in the world.
Bing is the search engine from Microsoft. It was introduced in 2009 with a mission to empower people with knowledge — to answer any question and provide useful tools to help you best accomplish your goals, from the everyday to the extraordinary. Bing continues on that mission today by moving beyond the search box to power intelligent experiences across a range of devices and services from Microsoft and third parties.